In order to continue serving our patients, we are now offering telemedicine and have the ability to examine and treat you remotely, right from the comfort of your own home.
Patient benefits of using telemedicine:
- Minimize risk of exposure by visiting your doctor virtually
- Gain peace of mind with the opportunity to express concerns about symptoms
- Receive medical advice from your doctor from your home
- Get notified when doctor is available – no extended wait times
- Have prescriptions ordered or renewed without leaving your home
- Use your iPhone (iOS12 and above) click here for for instructions, Android device (V.7.0 and above) click here for for instructions or Patient Portal website click here for for instructions to virtually “attend” your appointment
How to get ready for the telemedicine appointment:
After scheduling your video visit appointment with one of our providers, follow these steps to ensure your call is successful.
- Download patient forms here. Fill them completely using Acrobat Reader(download here) and email them back to us to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Activate your Patient Portal. After the receptionist confirms your email address and phone number, you will receive an email with a link to log into the Patient Portal. If you already have access to you Patient Portal, you can skip this step.
- Sign in to your Patient Portal. Using your user id and password, sign into the Patient Portal here and open the tab MY HEALTH. Fill your Medications, Allergies, Past Medical History, Skin Disease History, and Social History.
- Download the App. The email will include instructions to download the PocketPatient app on your phone. Log into the app using your Patient Portal username and password received from the receptionist.
- Get ready for the visit. Please make sure you will be ready 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time. Have your area of concern and questions ready. It can be helpful well to have someone you feel comfortable with be present at the visit, if possible. Wait until you will receive an email :”Your video chat visit is ready”. You will have 10 minutes to log into the PocketPatient app.
- Join the Video Visit. Open your PocketPatient app and click “Join Video Visit”.
- Talk to your provider. During your call, you have the ability to switch between your front and back camera. You can also use your phone’s flashlight. If you get disconnected, simply log back into the app and re-join the call.